Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day Trip from Berlin

Hello!  Guest blogger, Benji's mom, here :)  Benji will write more on the subject, I'm sure, but for now I wanted to post these videos I made about our day spent at the concentration camp in Germany.  It was quite the opportunity to go and walk the grounds, which are now a museum.  To learn more about Sachsenhausen, you can do an internet search with the name as the search term.  It was primarily a camp for Soviet POWs, mainly including people accused of "political" crimes, but Jews were also part of the camp's prisoners.  This was a very somber experience.  Above all, I wanted to be respectful, maintaining dignity for those who suffered, and I hope these videos in no way detract from this goal.    


The video above is with color and narration.  The one below is a little more artsy with an old film style set to music.


No comments:

Post a Comment