Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 4, 2012

THE LIFE IN SWITZERLAND

At first we were living in Atlanta until my dad's job was relocated in Switzerland.I was only 5 years old and my little sister had just learned to walk.I was sad to leave all my friends but I was eager to see what awaited me in the future.When we arrived in Switzerland our house was not ready yet so we lived in one of my dad's friends's basement for two weeks.[lucky for us the basement had some sort of  "apartment" with a kitchen and stuff.] Just when we settled in to the "apartment", I had to start kindergarden six weeks early and then a whole year of kinder garden.So basically, I spent a year and six weeks in kindergarden. And I also had some sort of French teacher from kindergarden to 2nd grade.Years passed,and I got to visit country's like France,Germany and Italy.In 2011,we visited Prague and London!If you ask me, I think I am pretty lucky to travel to and visit Europe.I joined a christian club magazine that teaches you about God's word. If you want to see the website or even sign up go to www.clubhousemagazine.com.I also joined a theater group[website at petit-theatre.ch] but, unfortunately it is only in Fribourg,Switzerland.And there is a play performance at the end of the year.If any of you want to see my class website,you can at http://terre-lune.educanet2.ch/lespetitschinois .And for my school website,go to http://terre-lune.educanet2.ch ,and if you have trouble with math go to www.gomathes.ch .Stay tuned for other adventures in this blog.  More adventures to come from Berlin and Barcelona.See you then!

6 comments:

  1. Benji-
    hey Buddy,your opening post on the new blog was very interesting and thank you for the links to other stuff. be sure to post alot of your thoughts along with thoughts and ideas from the whole family.
    Happy blogging!
    love you,
    Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at all of your links and I really liked the school link that showed the character you made with your picture....Ching Chong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my sweet Benji-boy! Your blog entry was very interesting to read. I'll be checking back regularly to see what is going on in the lives of the Geisheimers in Switzerland. You are such a special little boy, and so smart, too! It will be fun to be able to keep up with all your activities on here. Thanks for the links to your school and theater group. I'll check those out.

    I love you!
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ben GEE Man! Ive been 'around the world' tryin to figure out how to comment on here. Ive written a book, but none have appeared.
    Hopefully now that I signed up to be a 'blogger' it will work.

    I am so happy you and your family have been able to travel all over Europe. You are very fortunate. I will be even more happy when you move back home to the United States. I will have fresh hen eggs and bacon for you when you get here~!
    I will check back often to read your blog.
    Hugs and kisses to you and Molly and your mom and dad.

    I love you all
    Nanna Chubs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Benji,

    I saw pictures of your Cottage. I love it. You will enjoy having your own place to stay at Lakeside. Im proud for you. Im looking forward to you coming to the States for a visit. I hope I get to see you then. I love you! Guess what? Its snowing here in Texas right now. I went out walking in the backyard in the dark and loved walking in the snowfall. We dont see that very often. I hear you have had really cold weather in Switzerland lately. Looking forward to your next entry.
    I love you,
    Nanna Chubs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kurt and Debby GeisheimerFebruary 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM

    Hi Benji: Debby and I really have enjoyed reading your blog. You write about the things that are happening in your life and your writing is great! We are really looking forward to you and the family coming back to the US this summer and seeing you here at Lakeside. I'm teaching a class at Bluffton University for the next two months. Can you believe that Grandpa is teacher too! Grandma Debby applied for a part time job at Lakeside thus summer and is waiting for an interview. Maybe she will drive the shuttle Ha-ha!

    Keep writing and we will keep reading. We love you.

    Grandpa and Grandma Debby

    ReplyDelete